Monday 5 December 2011

We Believe Tea Should Always Be Made In A Pot.


As I sit in the Rag Tag workshop in Balmacara in the silence and calm I thought it would an opportune moment to reflect upon my first few weeks at Rag Tag.  Today is in stark contrast to my initial inaugural experience of the workshop, where there has been a continual hustle and bustle of happenings and activities.  It can be a daunting experience moving somewhere new but the constant flow of friendly faces over the last few weeks have made me feel very welcome.

During my short time I have been taught by skilled marksmen in the ways of the tailor and knitter, found sensational bargains at the Rag Tag Jumble sale and swam the divide between Kyle to Kyleakin (ok the last bits not true...yet).

However my favouritest (yes favouritest) thing about working at Rag Tag has been the lunch times where everyone puts together their two fish and five loaves and sit like the knights at the round table sharing an elegantly cobbled together meal.  I have been sampling everything from Norwegian black bread to truly original home bakes.  It has been a lesson in hospitality, which seems so central to Rag Tags operations.  The underlying ethos that tea should always be made in a pot.

So I will enjoy the quiet today, but look forward to returning to a brewing pot tomorrow.

Ps. I have been so inspired by the in house culinary skills I have volunteered to cook 20 roast potatoes for the Christmas dinner.  So watch this space and I will let you know how I’m getting on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment